FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Did Rogers make a deal with RIM or what?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryan Joseph
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

subzerohf wrote:
Also, although RIM claims that the Pearl is a MP3 player, it does not play WMA or MP3 with a sampling rate higher than 48 Khz - that sucks!

Hey guys, I just got a Pearl and I can't say enough good things about it. I really wanna' see if this problem is true or not. But I can't seem to figure out how to test it. How do you find the sampling rate for a given MP3 track? It's not the bitrate, right? So...how can I find an MP3 to test it with? Embarassed
subzerohf
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry folks, I mistook it as the bit rate. Typical bit rates are 128 or 192 kbps. So the number 48 equates to low quality. However, sampling rate for CD is 44.1 Khz, and the Pearl does support it. You can check it out at RIM's page .

I got to admit, BB has come out with a great phone - it's just missing one thing - Windows Mobile 5. Wink
Ryan Joseph
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subzerohf wrote:
You can check it out at RIM's page .

I got to admit, BB has come out with a great phone - it's just missing one thing - Windows Mobile 5. Wink

Okay, good, I was confused. Smile My ringtone is a 128bit MP3 and I wanted to see just what wouldn't work. Thanks for clearing that up. Wink

And I actually kind of like the BB OS. There are some things that WM definitely does better, but for the most part, I think it's really strong. If you wanna read my review, check it out here .

Ryan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Rogers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: