FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
MMS Exploit Released for Windows Mobile – No Patch Available

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jerry Raia
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: MMS Exploit Released for Windows Mobile – No Patch Available Reply with quote

http://www.symantec.com/enterprise/..._for_windo.html

"Collin Mulliner gave an updated version of his presentation at 23C3 in Berlin titled ‘Advanced Attacks Against PocketPC Phones’ (we originally blogged about it in August). As I previously mentioned, one of the vulnerabilities he discussed had, to my knowledge, still not been patched. Well Collin confirmed this in his presentation and also released a working exploit for the vulnerability to liven things up a little."

Well here we go. Now these writings keep referring to Pocket PC Phones. We all know most don't know the difference, except us of course. I suspect Symantec, who seem to be the most desperate to find I threat that will scare us, doesn't. Forgive my sarcasm but I don't think there is a Windows Mobile device big enough to hold a bloated Symantec Anti-(you fill in the blank) application. Perhaps one day Symantec will get their wish. I do find it interesting that with all the mobile devices out there now, there really are no threats. Any thoughts as to why?

Source: Experience Mobility

[3125] [BlackJack] [8525]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: