FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Ford and Microsoft Partner on Automotive OS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Ford and Microsoft Partner on Automotive OS Reply with quote

http://www.mobile-tech-today.com/st...?story_id=49018

"The Wall Street Journal reports that Ford and Microsoft have decided to sync. At the Detroit Auto Show and the Consumer Electronics Show in January, the two firms will jointly announce Sync, an in-car navigation and infotainment system built on Microsoft's platform. Sync is designed to let drivers navigate better, download and listen to music, talk by cell phone, and even get e-mail without using their hands, according to reports. Powered by Bluetooth -- the same technology that powers wireless cell phone headsets -- Sync will debut in two Ford models, the Focus and Five Hundred series, in 2007, then expand to all Ford models in the 2008 model year. "

I was going to make a joke about our cars experiencing the dreaded Blue Screen of Death, but then I started giving the idea some serious thought. This is actually a pretty neat concept and I personally cannot wait until one of these models are released so I can give it a test drive. There is a downside though. As everyone knows, the editors here at Smartphone Thoughts go though new Windows Mobile devices like they're going out of style and I don't think I can afford to go through cars the same way. Laughing

Source: Mobility Site
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kris Kumar
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Re: Ford and Microsoft Partner on Automotive OS Reply with quote

Rocco Augusto wrote:
There is a downside though. As everyone knows, the editors here at Smartphone Thoughts go though new Windows Mobile devices like they're going out of style and I don't think I can afford to go through cars the same way. Laughing

Crying or Very sad
Rocco Augusto
Contributing Editor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Ford and Microsoft Partner on Automotive OS Reply with quote

Kris Kumar wrote:
Crying or Very sad

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> NEWS All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: