FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Need help with Pocket Outlook...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stark
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 1:59 pm    Post subject: Need help with Pocket Outlook... Reply with quote

Hello all. Smile

Could someone give me some help regarding Pocket Outlook?

I have set up two POP email accounts and I also have the "Outlook email" folder/account that has ben created by the synch with the PC Outlook.

When I try to send an email from the 2 POP accounts everything goes fine... the message is placed at the Outbox folder and at the next send/receive it is being sent.

But when I try to forward an email that I have in the inbox of the "Outlook email" folder, it places it in the Outbox folder but it does not give me an option to send/receive.... so it is not being sent.

Actually this is probably logical, because with the "Outlook email" folder/account there is no specific "sender", as all these emails have been placed there via the synch with the PC (and the Microsoft Outlook for Windows).

What can we do about this?
How can I find a way to be able to to forward an email I have in the inbox of the "Outlook email" folder ?

thanx in advance
Mike Temporale
Managing Editor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Need help with Pocket Outlook... Reply with quote

stark wrote:
Actually this is probably logical, because with the "Outlook email" folder/account there is no specific "sender", as all these emails have been placed there via the synch with the PC (and the Microsoft Outlook for Windows).

How can I find a way to be able to to forward an email I have in the inbox of the "Outlook email" folder ?

Yup - that's the way it is meant to be. Outlook Email only sync's email with your desktop. So in order to send an email you must compose it and send it on the device and then sync with your desktop. Until you sync it will just sit in the outbox.

What can you do about it? Don't use Outlook email. Instead, just create another pop/imap account and disable email sync. There's no way to move a message between email accounts or to send an email from another account.
stark
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: Need help with Pocket Outlook... Reply with quote

Mike Temporale wrote:
stark wrote:

Yup - that's the way it is meant to be. Outlook Email only sync's email with your desktop. So in order to send an email you must compose it and send it on the device and then sync with your desktop. Until you sync it will just sit in the outbox.

What can you do about it? Don't use Outlook email. Instead, just create another pop/imap account and disable email sync. There's no way to move a message between email accounts or to send an email from another account.

Thanx for the reply.
That's what I've done now. I have created pop accounts and everything is fine Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Tips 'n Tricks All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: