FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
What was the Best New Smartphone in 2006?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donza
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: The Nokia E70 is THE best!! Reply with quote

This seems to be the best phone Nokia doesn't want to sell. I never saw it advertised and only found it on the web by accident. I bought it unlocked and it is AWESOME!!

It does everthing a Blackberry can do but with a real keyboard (it opens up to a full QWERTY keyboard and the screen rotates horizontal). Plus it doesn't feel like a flimsy piece of ... well you get the idea. It's based on the Symbion S60 and is made just like the Nokia 6800 which I had and loved. It browses with a real web browser, the screen is sharp and easy to read (or you can zoom it in). Sound is great for either the phone or for playing music. Pick your favorite song and make it your ringtone - any mp3 works.

I had a Blackberry for 3 days and HATED IT and took it back - trying to type on those stupid keys made me insane. The E70 is cool, elegant looking, sturdy and does everything I ask it to do. Want to see animated radar - no problem. Want to track a flight on a realtime map - piece of cake. Has 65MB of memory and holds an SD card too. IM, email, text, plays music and comes with Nokia's awesome PC Suite so you can access, transfer and backup everything on your phone just by connecting it to your computer. Oh yeah and it will connect to your wireless home network too.

I may just keep this thing forever!!
flash
Smartphone Pupil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Blackjack Reply with quote

Blackjack.

It's what I got... looked at Dash and Q also. My poor i600 was just about worn out.

Close second for me is Q. It does its job well (as do the Dash and the Blackjack) but since it's successful in the marketplace, there are lots and lots of accessories for it.

Really though I selected the Blackjack for partly subjective reasons. I think the clear smartphone winner is the small QWERTY form factor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> THOUGHT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: