FAQ Profile Memberlist Usergroups Register
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages -> Log in  
Dearth of Smartphones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' Printable version
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donb
Smartphone Neophyte

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:26 am    Post subject: Dearth of Smartphones Reply with quote

Where have all the smartphones gone? I have stayed with Cingular because, until recently, Verizon offered no WM smartphones. I use the Blackjack by default, but prefer non-querty form factor. I now want to get a smartphone for my wife so we can be in sync (so to speak). The SMT 5600 is gone (my favorite) and the 3125 has been pulled from the shelves supposedly to be rebranded for AT&T, we'll see. There are virtually no candybar or flip WM smartphones to be had; only the querty genre, about one per carrier. Despite all the talk, how can the WM industry grow without hardware choice? Am I missing something? Confused totally

Are there WM phones available in the USA I don't know about? These are not rhetorical questions. Please respond.
TopDog
Smartphone Ponderer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, at least here in Norway the HTC S310 and the HTC MTeoR are very popular.

And the ageing HTC StrTrk is also still available.

I just got one of the HTC s710's... it's a candybar phone with an extractable QWERTY keyboard. Very nice, best of two worlds Smile
scottb
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE PARDON THE CAPS--PIE IS STUCK.

ACTUALLY, VZW HAS HAD A WM SMARTPHONE FOR YEARS. THE SAMSUNG SCH-I600 HAS BEEN AROUND FOR SEVERAL YEARS. IT WAS THE ONLY ONE UNTIL RECENTLY, AS YOU MENTIONED. NOW WE HAVE THE MOTO Q (QWERTY) AND THE PANTECH (FLIP). STILL NO CANDY BAR THOUGH...
hotdram
Smartphone Intellectual

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't help with identifying phones, but I agree with your statement about the BJ and SMT-5600.
Don't get me wrong, I like the BJ, all it's functionality, 3G etc etc etc...
BUT, once in a while, I grab my old 5600 just to hold it and look at it. I still really like that form factor better then the BJ. It fit in my jeans pockets with no problems. I can't look back now, but sometimes I wish I had just stayed with the 5600.

~Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Smartphone Thoughts Forum Index -> Just Chattin' All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: